Tuesday, 19 November 2013

Learning Styles

Learning styles

There are three main learning styles which are the way an individual finds it easiest to learn, the three are auditory, visual and kinaesthetic.

Auditory -  The Auditory learning style means that you find it easier to learn through being spoke to, listening to audio books or others ways of teaching or learning based around hearing or sound.

Visual - Those that are of a Visual learning style prefer to learn visually for example watching videos, or watching someone go through the task then letting you do it for yourself. All in all the visual learning style is for those who prefer to learn through anything visually rather than auditory or practically.

Kinaesthetic - Kinaesthetic learning style is for those who prefer to learn hands on for example instead of learning how to build a computer system by reading about it or listening to someone explain the steps, it would be easier for them to build it themselves and learn from mistakes. Therefore Kinaesthetic learners are more hands on people and find it easier to learn everything by doing practical tasks as opposed to theoretical.

What learning style am I?

My main learning style is visual as I find it easier to learn by being taught  through demonstration and being shown to do things before I do it myself, also by watching videos I find it easier to learn as I can think back about what part of the video that part of information was on and also keeps me more entertained as I easily become bored of the task.

Sub-learning styles


There is also a group of learning styles which shows how someone handles tasks, these are Pragmatist, Reflector, Activist and Theorist.


Pragmatist - A pragmatist is someone who has a goal and will do anything to achieve it. They do not let their own emotions or feelings get in the way of their goal and will ignore their own ideals to get the job done. Pragmatists will always look for the quickest way to get things done.

Reflector - A reflector is someone who prefers to learn by observing and watching others to see how they do it, they will spend a lot of time thinking about how to do the task before they pursue it.

Activist - A activist is someone who prefers to get things done practically and learn while they do things practically such as building a table and learning how to build it as you go.

Theorist - A theorist learns best by working methodically and also learns by experimenting, the type of person who will read the instructions on how to build before the starting the build.

What learning style am I?

My learning style would be a Pragmatist as I don't really think about the task ahead and usually attempt it head on without any preparation. I do not let anything get in the way of the goal that I am trying to achieve, and I always look for the quickest option to get the task completed. This can sometimes be a problem as I do not think about what I am going to do before the task is started, but it can also be useful as I make sure things get done.

No comments:

Post a Comment